Position: Digital Content Manager
Reports to: Director, Social and Channel Strategy
Office location: Seattle, WA
Applying a balance of creativity, industry expertise, and passion for cause related work, as a Digital Content Manager you’ll plan for and support digital campaigns and communication efforts across multiple channels. You’ll collaborate closely with colleagues to craft creative digital communications and content that seek to bring awareness and action toward some of the country’s most intractable challenges.
- Lead, guide, and support clients and internal colleagues by strategizing content marketing and communications strategies and tactics across multiple channels, with a particular emphasis on digital channels.
- Optimize and lead the development and dissemination of content across digital channels, specifically:
- Social media (content development and planning, publishing, community management and monitoring, etc.).
- Email marketing (planning, content development, list management and distribution etc.).
- Digital media buying and management (SEM/PPC, social advertising, digital display, etc.).
- Website copy and SEO.
- Monitor and prepare evaluation reports based on identified key performance indicators for short and long-term campaign activations.
- Participate in and be ready to support discussions and brainstorms from everything to digital-first creative concepts and ideas for awareness, engagement, growth, or fundraising campaigns, to branding, naming, and messaging.
- Participate in business development activities and marketing efforts for the firm, as needed.
- 2-4+ years of experience working in social media management, content marketing, communications planning and management, and/or digital content creation.
- A willingness and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- A passion for making a positive difference in our world.
- A curiosity and fascination with emerging technology, channels, and digital media tools, and a willingness to teach others.
- An ability to think creatively and agilely about solving complex problems under pressure.
- An ability to organize information and communicate effectively with a wide-variety of audiences, including internal staff, clients, board members, vendors, etc.
- Experience and familiarity with content writing and development for various social media and email marketing platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, MailChimp, Constant Contact, Convio, etc.) and understanding of native and third-party reports and analytics.
- Experience and familiarity with paid media campaign planning and execution for various channels (SEM/Google AdWords, social, display, pre-roll video, etc.).
- Experience and familiarity with website design and usage best practices; website content management systems (WordPress, Squarespace, Drupal, etc.), search engine optimization; and web analytics.
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience working with nonprofits, whether as a volunteer, employee, or board member, and/or familiarity working with clients with modest budgets.
- Experience working in a dynamic agency environment.
- Comfort thinking about how the offline world intersects with online experiences, and vice versa.
- Experience assisting with business development, marketing, and pitching new business.
To successfully perform the essential duties of this position, an individual must be able to sit at a desk for four or more hours per day, and frequently lift and carry objects up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and required skills for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.